When Are You Done?

So July is drawing to a close. It seems to have gone so fast. There were a few days there in the middle of the month where I thought I would loose my head I nearly lost my heart. But now, as I insert those last few scenes into my manuscript I'm forced to consider the work I've done this month. First, although I win NaNos all the time, I'm not sure I should be writing that fast. It takes a huge emotional toll and I'm sure my husband would appreciate a few less hysterics on my parts. On the other hand, once I've won and finished the story to my satisfaction, I feel a huge sense of accomplishment. I'm not there yet, but I am close...so how will I know when I'm done?
 
1) The arc of the story has been completed. Check
 
2) All of the information I wished to convey has been written. Almost Check
 
3) There are no lingering ideas I've forgotten to put in. Check

This is my list. What's yours?

Love,

Melanie

Comments

Subscribe Now!

Popular Posts