One Bonus Day/Goodbye July

So, being the total goof that I am, I totally forgot how many days there are in July. While I was at the orthodontists office yesterday, I had a discussion about what day of the week August 1st fell on. Which as it happens in tomorrow. I was so happy, because I have had one of the greatest cabins during Camp NaNo and it meant I had one more day to hang out with my friends.
 
I'm not going to lie, I had some really rough patches here in the middle of July, especially with the addition of new medications which caused a couple of weeks of severe emotional instability on my part. I'm feeling much better now, and a lot of that is thank, in part to having this cabin, this circle of friends, these cheerleaders in my life. My real world friends have been great too and so now I sit here ready to close out July at the most content I've been ever completing a first draft. I had a few scene inserts to do, but going back and reading my work I found gems amongst the dreck. I almost want to start revising it right now, but I'm not going to. I believe, strongly that all books need at least a month off before revision so that as I writer I can come back to it with fresh eyes. I owe that to this book, but I hope to have it revised and ready to go before National Novel Writing Month this November.
 
So what's next for me? Well I learned so much trying to blog every single day of the Camp NaNo experience, especially about myself. Sure some of the posts were a little over emotional, but I'm learning. I'm going to blog every weekday of NaNo this November, just to track my progress through that book. I will pick up Aaralyn's Choice again tomorrow and revise it with new eyes and new energy. In the mean time, I'm going to try and cut back to blogging on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
 
And as for me personally, I will be getting braces or Invisalign and working towards getting my hip fixed.
 
Love,
 
Melanie

Comments

Subscribe Now!

Popular Posts