5 Things That Happen When Writing Without Sleep

So I've been taking this new medication, and I say new, but I've been on it two weeks already. Anyway, one of the lovely and most endearing side effects of this drug is insomnia. Currently as I write this, I've been up over forty hours straight and I'm not at all tired. I'm beginning to get a little worried, as I've read about people who stay up long periods of time without sleep and then die because their brains quit working, but I digress. If you are battling insomnia and a writer and you are trying to work on a draft then I feel for you. Here are five things I've come to appreciate in the last two weeks.
 
1) No sleep makes you crazy, dare I say bat-shit crazy. And for the record, if Ned Stark isn't Jon Snow's father then the R in R + L = J theory is Robert as in Baratheon. Which brings us to point number two. (Damn, number two, that's funny.)
 
2) Logic goes out the window. Which explains why I'm watching Bailey Chase at 2 am and contemplating insulting Sean Bean. Sheesh!
 
3) Apparently a coherent plot line goes with the logic. And while I'm not (yet) bouncing from scene to scene, I find words like "Little Blue Men" popping up.
 
4) Also apparently there is a NEED to explain why I love Star Trek so much, even though that did nothing for the plot. (See above.)
 
5) Numbers are not your friend. (This is not to be confused with NUMB3RS the TV show, which I loved.)
 
Love,
 
Melanie
 



Comments

Subscribe Now!

Popular Posts