NaNoWriMo: Attempting a Comeback

This lovely graph to your left is what greeted me when I logged in Tuesday to write on my NaNoWriMo novel. If you are at all familiar with NaNo considers on par for the 6th, it's a little over 8,000 words. Yeah, I had only written about half of the words I needed to write in order to complete this novel by the end of the month. 

Yes, I have gotten this far behind before. But last July was a month where I went on vacation during the middle of the month. And yes I had to write 2500 words per day in order to get in under the wire. But that was a month where I only had to write 25,000 words and I didn't have any other projects to work on.

This month I have to finish that novel and work on rewriting several of the scenes in order to meet my publication deadlines. Because yes, these novels are going to go out in the real world. It's a lot of writing to do, and all of it needs to be done.

This is one of the few days where I have anticipated a splat. My youngest has a chorus concert tonight. I've already prepped an emergency meal, and tried to write a few words in this month's novel. What's my word count for today? I'm so glad you asked, 283 and since I've fallen so far behind I need 1825 every day to catch up.

I've hit that the last couple of days, but today will be a challenge. I know it's a battle. I know in order to get started doing this as more than a hobby, I have to treat it like a job. Meet deadlines, stay focused. do my work, not get distracted by things like chorus concerts, bowling tournaments, sick kids. All of those things are important in my life, but I have to buckle down and do my work on these days.


Just in case you were wondering, here's what my widget looks like as I leave for that concert. So I've got to get writing.

Just a quick reminder, if you are enjoying these posts, please click the button in the top right hand corner of the landing page and subscribe to my blog. Thanks!

Comments

Subscribe Now!

Popular Posts