#PitchParty Aug 15, 2014 The Rules

The Rules
 
Post your pitch for your book in 100 words or less in the comments section of this blog on August 15, 2014. Or you can email me with your submission and I will post it here for you. (I will use a pen name if you would prefer.)
 
During the weekend come back and give your feedback to the other authors. The goal is to make their work better.
 
On Monday August 18th, I will take the votes of my friends and fellow judges and aggregate the results. I will have a pitch up for critique, but as the host I am taking myself out of the competition. The top three contestants will receive a postcard from me. I got them in the mail and they look awesome.


Also, there may be an optional Google Hangout for those of you interested in talking about the pitches. I'll play that one by ear. (And I have nearly perfect pitch.)
 
The judges this round are:
 
The Mystery Judge is one of my cousins. She is currently seeing America with her husband who is a long haul trucker. She has been a voracious reader for as long as I can remember and also taught me two times and two and two plus two are the same thing. We go back.
 
 Latanya Huges is a full time faculty member at American Public University System. She received her undergraduate degree in Hospitality from Tuskegee University and her MBA from Strayer University. She is currently a candidate for the Doctor of Strategic Leadership in Global Consulting from  Regent University in the School of Business & Leadership. The "Classified Ladii" is your choice for empowerment, motivation and inspiration. With over a decade of leadership, today she is a mentor, educator, and consultant. And also, we've known each other since high school and our parents worked together. Destiny has played a nice role here with us.
 
David Pendragon: is the head writer and emcee for the award winning cabaret show Big Mamma's House of Burlesque. He lives in Charlotte, NC with his wife and five cats. When not traveling for work or pleasure he can be found designing card games for Empire Games or attending one of the many gaming and fandom conventions across the southeast. And like me we used to work at the same theme park for a couple of summers. Who says summer relationships come to an end?
www.ncburlesque.com




www.bigmammasproductions.com 
 
I would like to thank them for their kindness. My husband would like to thank them for getting him off the hook. It looks like I have it all.

Love,

Melanie


Comments

Melindrea said…
Stolen from her tower by a barbarian lord, Princess Lynessa is forced to navigate an alien culture that considers her their queen. She has almost found her footing as the lady of the glacier's keep when the Wolf swallows the Sun-Child, leaving the world in darkness. Though she would have preferred to stay behind, the spirits demand she join her husband Vanlandi on the quest to recover the Sun. Their quest takes them through strange realms, and to succeed they must work together. Vanlandi Jarl proved his manhood through stealing her; what will she prove, and how?

YA Epic Fantasy

Subscribe Now!

Popular Posts