So You Have a Bad Day

I must be in a much better mood these days. The new work out routine must be dumping an enormous amount of endorphins into my system. Anyway unlike the blog I wrote when I'd been up three days straight in July and buzzing hard on that novel, I'm able to make lemonade from lemons these days. You see for no good reason I'm having a bad day.
 
Sure I woke up and got my husband and my kids out of the house on time. I even remembered to drop off one kid's shin guards and workout clothes at her school today. But still I drove all the way to the gym to find out I'd left my card and my water bottle at home which really squished my workout because I had to be home in time to get a delivery. And despite my morning cup of joe, I was sluggish and tired. I kept dropping things, I even lost my keys at the gym. ARGH!!
 
But then something interesting happened midway through my third set of leg presses. I realized being a novelist rocks. You see all I had to do to get my bad day back on track is channel that frustration into writing a gory death scene. Oh yeah, making up those details really fueled my sets.
 
So Lady Jadiza, I'm sorry your death is so gory and painful. You've been a wonderful character, but you had to go. Your death serves a larger purpose and any less gory just wouldn't drive the point. But I did enjoy killing you off while growling at my sets.
 
Love,
 
Melanie


Comments

Anonymous said…
*likes* It's always good to be in a mentally stronger place. Exercise helps, I remember that. Although I had to quit myself.

Subscribe Now!

Popular Posts