Dusting Off The Blog

It's been long time since I had something to say. But now, I have a purpose and some books I'm going to review. Welcome to my Summer Reading List. 

The goal is between Memorial Day and Labor Day to read 50 books and review them all. That may seem a little ambitious, and it is. There are 99 days between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Which means I need to read a book every other day and blog it to keep up. 

And to this end, Dear Reader, I have already finished my first book. And I am writing up the review, right now. 

This summer I am working through 3 authors in my preferred mystery genre this summer. 

The late Anne Perry, who is my favorite novelist of all time. I would LOVE to do a podcast a la All About Agatha if I can track down the a co-host. If you are game, the email me at b.l.amythest@gmail.com and let's see if we can figure it out. 

Agatha Christie, because who else is a mystery novelist supposed to study? 

And Michael Connelly. Because he's as award winning of a crime novelist as there is out there. 

First up, published tomorrow night will be 9 Dragons, by Michael Connelly. And although I'm studying Connelly's work, I DON'T love Bosch as a character enough to start over at the beginning. (I do however like Mickey Haller, so don't @ me ppl and I will end up covering every Connelly book left that is available through my library.) 

So dust off your library cards, my friends. Let's go on a summer reading adventure. 


Comments

Subscribe Now!

Popular Posts