CEO Challenge: February Update

Hello fellow followers! I am updating you on how my CEO Challenge has been going. In January when I was blogging Monday-Friday, I found that I did not have the time to post reviews of the books I finished. Now that we are into February and Black History Month, some of those reviews are going to be on hold until March. For the record, I will be reading authors of all colors, and I will not be limiting my exposure to black authors for black history month. And since I am trying to read at least 15% of my books from black authors, and I am trying to read at least 6 books a month, you can do the math and find out that I hope to read no fewer than 9 books by authors throughout the year, or about black people. 

So here is how it's going. Um, well the honest answer is I'm behind on my reading. I have finished 3 books to date. Jimmy Carter's A Full Life, The Radical King, a collection of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s writing edited and with setup pieces written by Dr. Cornel West. And in fiction, I have finished Crime and Punishment. I am almost done with Assata, the autobiography of Assata Shakur, from there I will turn to Invisible,, by Stephen L. Carter. 

I know I have a few books to work through to catch up to that pace. I had a pretty busy January, although why I perpetually think I will have more time in the future is somewhat of a mystery to me. I have research to do to reach the level of diversity in my reading goals. So the plan to go through some of it will come more clearly into focus in the next few weeks. For now, I'm going to keep on. I seem to be on track to finish all 6 books for February, which in all honesty should be the hardest month. I'll let you know.

If you go back to the original post, you will see that I left a number of the spaces blank and I am open to suggestions. I got one today in Bernard-Henri Levy's new book, The Empire and the Five Kings: America's Abdication and the Fate of the World.  And I have sourced a few more of the books on my list. Mostly in the nonfiction category. I'll give you a recap of my February reads at the end of the month and preview March reads there. So leave me a comment on what you like to read, and I will consider it.


Comments

Subscribe Now!

Popular Posts