Back on the NaNoWriMo Horse

So I don't know how it is for you guys. Feel free to expound in the comments section. I blessedly feel relieved to be back into what I've come to think of as my "regular" NaNoVerse. I skipped into a different project last year because the iron on that one was do hot. I wrote it 23 days and took 3 days off. It was, by far, the most glorious writing experience I've had in a first draft. And then....well my muse got miffed.

I really have tried not to complain about it, but it has been hard to struggle with idea constipation. Especially since writing is such a large part of my identity. And not being able to write as I coped with death of my beloved dog has been painful. 

But I reread my series in October, opened the one sentence I wrote for the "plot outline" in the series overview, expanded that to a paragraph last week and BAM!!!.... Just like that the story was there.

So yes I'm probably a bit crazy trying to pants a novel with 8 different plot lines. But it's WORKING for the first time in 11 months. And I feel Tired! 

Love you,

Melanie

Comments

Subscribe Now!

Popular Posts