Name It; Claim It; An Exercise in Self Help for Writing Goals.

My sister sent me an article the other day saying one of the key things successful people do is write down what they want. It's the first step into getting what you want. The article says many people stay stuck because they don't decide what they want. So...I'm giving it a try.
 
I want to finish my Avon's Mist series. It's currently slated to be six books. Aaralyn's Choice; Arturo's Will; Bruce's Steel (which completes the Rensselaer Descending Triology) then Avon Rising Trilogy Petri's Peril; Dannel's Trial; Bradaen's Triumph. Of course there's always a possibility that I will have more to do with this world once I get done writing it. I have first drafts of each of Rensselaer Descending books. I want them to be really freaking good. I want to sell a million copies of each of them. I want it to be the next big HBO Series. There how does that sound? Grandiose? Yeah, well, I have ambitions.

I want to be self published. I want my Whispering Series to be at least moderately successful. I'd like to put 50,000 copies of those books into the hands of readers by this time next year.

I want to improve my writing. I want my words to be compelling. I want my ideas to leap off the page.

I want to go back to mystery writing. I want my smoking hot, gritty, detective back. I miss him.

I want to bring my reader's fun. I want my work to transport them away from their lives and into a happy place.

I want my email list to be 100,000 names big. I want the writers I hang out with to be more successful than my dreams. (I'm looking you Kalen, Liz, MW, Adam, Jill, Marie, Scho, The Divine M, Tiny Pterosaur).

I want you guys, my blog readers, to tell me what you want. Go ahead and leave it in the comments. One writing goal for the next year. Do not make me call you out on Twitter people!
 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Now, hopefully my computer won't swallow this comment like my phone did...
Dream big, but start with small steps. That's the motto I'm trying to follow these days. But, even so, I can't set just ONE writing goal... one per project?
Complete a revision of "Bria Lana" that is ready for beta readers by the end of the summer.
By fall have a 6-month buffer on Disparate Threads (serial-blog-story)
By the end of the year have a completed ROUGH ROUGH draft of my next novel.

Subscribe Now!

Popular Posts